Thursday, October 15, 2009

Exam week... bla..bla..bla...

Exam week is finally over. Now we have two weeks break. Doesn't mean anything for me. Given a big group which the exam scheduled at the end of the 2nd week of exam period, it means no semester break for me. Unluckily, Dr. Paul is the coordinator. He marked all his papers in 3 days and pushing us to submit asap. That's unfair! my group is the biggest one. Others have around 170++ scripts but mine is more than 200. I wonder why students like to register into my class.
"I'm a killer lecturer lar... my dear students, can you forward this message to your juniors so that not so many people will be joining my section next semester. Believe me... my average this semester is the lowest one... as compared to Mr. Goh, Mr. Senthil and even Dr. Paul".

Exam week gives me colurful experiences as there were few incidents happened:

Incident 1 - I was invigilating and starting to collect attendance sheet from the last row. The exam has started for about 5 minutes. One student came to me and asked me to go to the toilet.
"Maam... may I know where is the bathroom?"
" Erm... bathroom? no bathrooom here... but if you mean toilet, it is at the back, my right hand side".
I was not very sure whether students can leave the hall within the first 30 minutes or not.
"Can I go to the toilet?" I looked at him, start thinking whether to let him go or not and finally said.. "yes, you can but you have to leave your handphone with me" (after I saw his pocket and found that his handphone is in his pocket).
Actually I want to ask him to empty his pocket but I don't want to be so cruel to him. He took his handphone out from his pocket and said
"actually maam, I already switched it off".
"Never mind, just give it to me, and collect it back later. I'll hold it while you are in the toilet".
He still refused to give his handphone and I know a few invigilators already looked at me suspiciously. He tried to convinced me that he already switched off his phone then I said:
"stop arguing with me, i'm not going to do anything with this expensive handphone, i'll return it back to you".
Finally, he let me to hold his phone and few minutes after that... the phone vibrates... (how come a phone that already switched off can vibrates?) and on the screen appears:
"From m3abady: Business Development Stages.... answer" I checked the question paper....and... hahaha....i know you know..

Incident 2 - I received an email.
Madam, can I see you by today because tomorrow i'm going back to my country.
I replied:
Sure... come and see me at 2.30pm.
I reached office at 11.30am and coincidently met that student at the cafetaria.
"Madam, I mailed you this morning".
"Oh, ok.... you may come to my office now".
In my office, I asked him.
"So, you are leaving tomorrow? back to your country?"
"No madam... we have only two weeks break, no point going back, wasting time and money".
"Erm... but you said that....erm.. never mind".

Incident 3 - Another email reached my mailbox.
I'm sorry for disturbing you madam. I'm now in my country. I hope that you can increase my assignment mark so that I can pass your paper. I worked hard for that madam. Please pass me because my father will not allow me to go back to study if my CGPA drop this semester. I almost reply that email - I hope you will never come back!.
I also coincidently saw this guy in campus. Maybe his father already let him back to Malaysia to continue his student life....

Incident 4 - 60 MCQs and one case study. I have two papers with the following answer for all case study questions.
Question 1:
Answer:
P3 - L1
P4 - L6-L7
P7 - L4-L5
(notes: P = paragraph, L = Line) - please refer to the case study.

"Is writing the answers in the space provided very hard for you? I'm sorry, i never marked my own case study.. I only mark answers written in the space given".
(if I can send this message to this two culprits).

Me = warrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I want a break!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lawak la citer answer script tu ..hahahha

ija

Mila@Rimbun said...

salam.. just drop by to ur virtual home... emmmm ramai org kata jd lecturer ler senang.. tak tension.. tp not in rela life kan. kat mana2 pon tension...