Friday, January 16, 2009

Miss to Mrs. Campro.... Part 2


It is already 33 days after the akad nikah. Life becomes more challenging. A lot of travelling. One day ija buzz me and the first quetion asked was:

ijazainal: weh...mana ko beb ..melaka ? KL? johor ? penang ?
zkea78 : melaka...
zkea78 :mlm nanti KL
zkea78 : soalan.. mantapp

It realized me that for the past one month, I spent a lot of my time on the road (imagine that in a month I have been driving my Campro almost 5000km) and my focus towards my job has also reduced.... what was in my mind? My husband, my mother, my father, my in laws, our house in Gombak etc. etc.

Back to what had happened during the akad nikah ceremony, my father was still helplessly laying on the bed, my Mr. Campro was sick after the PTD assessment.. I was expecting that things will not be as smooth as planned. It was supposed to be the happiest day in my life ... but I went tru it with tears ... the cloudy day turns to rainy day when the Imam Hj. Bandi Bin Sukirman asked me to hold my father's hand while he read this phrase:

"Cik Siti Zakiah Bt. Melatu Samsi, bahawa wali awak Melatu Samsi Bin Suhadah hendak menikahkan awak dengan Hiswadi Bin Anuar dengan maskahwinnya RM50.00 tunai.. Adakah awak mempersetujukannya?"

And I have to read this:
"Saya bersetuju wali saya menikahkan saya dengan Hiswadi Bin Anuar dengan maskahwin yang disebutkan itu"

then my father read this:
Saya berwakil kepada tuan menikahkan anak perempuan saya Siti Zakiah... dengan Hiswadi .. dengan maskahwinnya Rm50 tunai".


.... I couldn't hold my tears until the end of the ceremony....



Two days after the wedding, we had to send my father back to hospital. We decided to send him to Batu Pahat Hospital with the assumption that the facilities in Batu Pahat is better than Pontian. So, again both mother and father were not at home, we had to hold the responsibility to clean-up the house and all the periuk belanga... sent it back to the owner. Honeymoon? definitely at Hospital Batu Pahat...

Took it as test from Allah... I have to redha on what had happened. With Mr. Campro next to me.. of course I feel stronger than before. It opened my eyes for so many things:


  1. Kenduri-kendara is not a simple things.. we have to ensure it considers the local culture, rules and other people feelings. How good you are in organizing events, you have to asked your family and neighbors. With a due respect, jawa culture is sometimes so complicated. Soo many rules to be followed... The old folks opinion should be considered.. simple mistakes can lead into big misunderstanding..
  2. How important your family and friends. Without my aunties, uncles and cousins who took over my parents responsibilities in my wedding preparation, I don't know what will happen to my wedding. It might be postponed... Thanks to Wak Mid - Advisor. Wak Bachok and Wah Pah - I called them mak and bapak pengantin i.e. the manager of the event. Cik Din and Cik Nor - very good assistant. Cik Maman the great tukang masak. The menu on that day was great. Kak Ani - joker, penyeri suasana. Cik Yun and Cik Ijan - can't mention how much we owe both of them. These people came almost everyday to my house to prepare for the wedding. Kak Su and Yati - thanks for coming early and accompanied me doing many things. Nurul and Zeti, Nina and family, Shana, Nordinah and family, Ruzana and family - those who supported me before the wedding. It helped me a lot to still stand. All my cousins, brothers and sister who worked so hard before and during the wedding.
  3. My mother in the best wife in the world. I was touched when one day I heard my father on his bed whispering "Ya Allah ya tuhanku.. kau berikanlah pahala yang banyak kepada isteriku... dia telah banyak berjasa padaku". She never left my father alone and always next to him since he was sick. Patiently taking care of him like a baby... never complaint... I don't know how much she sacrificed her life for her husband.
  4. Once you are someone's wife, you have to prioritize your husband. I went back to Johor alone during the new year holiday because my husband had to go to work. Of course with his permission. While laying next to my father after performing my subuh prayer, suddenly he opened his eyes and talked to me. "Zakiah, kalau bapak tetap sakit macam ni sampai bila-bila pun... jangan sesekali tinggalkan suami". I tried to hide my sadness. It sounds like my father doesn't want me to see him. It sounds like... "Zakiah, don't come to me... go to you husband. You are no longer my beloved first daughter" but I know he wants me to be an Isteri Solehah. Be next to your husband at all times. That's what I want too... If I could, I would send half of my body to Johor to be next to my mum and dad and another half to KL to be with my husband...

That's what I feel every Friday...

But with the new status now... zkea is no longer "anak perempuan Melatu Samsi.." but "Isteri Hiswadi Anuar". My mother has shown the best example as a good wife and mother. My father had taught me what should and shouldn't for me to be a good wife. May one day my husband will pray for me as what my father did for my mother.

2 comments:

maria-el-qibtiah said...

salam kak kiah.I'll pray for u too..Ameen.

zakiesqandar said...

aduhmakk....aku touching dgn citer n phrase ko la Kiah...ayam jantan pun tak bergenang air mata (tatkala nak kena sembelih) mcm aku (tatkala baca post ko nih)ko tau?...:D

per2 pun, as I comment on wadi's blog, i hope the very best, wonderful life 4 both of u and 4u as a wife, and as a daughter... hopefully 1 day as a good mother...

amiinnn Ya Rabb...